COVID UPDATE: We await further information for the period after 26th April 2021. In normal circumstances we are open every weekend from Easter to Christmas.
The museum welcomes gifts of items of local interest. Books, documents and records, photographs, pictures and maps and a range of artefacts can all help to provide information about local people and events from the past.
If you are thinking about gifting an item to the museum please contact our Curator.
Thank you to all those who have made gifts to the museum. Keep them coming!
Recent gifts have included:
- Dollar Golf Club memorabilia including a number of Cups, minutes books from 1906, visitors book from 1901 and photographs
- Women’s Guild Minutes (7 books), including two from St Columba Church from 1910
- A copy of the original deeds of 15 Station Road, dated 1864
- A landscape view of the Cuillins by Margaret Turner
- Two colour photographs of the railway in 1964
- An OS map
- A copy of the New Testament with covers made from wood from Dollar Glen
- A list of goods sold in Drysdale’s shop in 1900
- A Public School prize book won by Robert Anderson in 1905
- A book: ‘Life and Rhymes of Robert McEwen – A Self Portrait’
- A mechanical calculator
- A warming pan
- A geological map dated 1878
- A book: ‘Saline and District Remembers the Great War’